Terms and conditions
Small Group & individual Tuition
- School based face-to-face and remote lessons are subject to agreement from the school for lessons to take place within academic time and on school property (if face-to-face).
- Lessons will take place on the time and day agreed between the GM tutor and the school.
- Non-attendance is non-refundable though tutors will attempt to make up any missed individual tuition sessions.
- Payment must be received in advance of the first week of term (based on a three term year) before tuition can commence. Amendment February 2021: Due to Covid-19 restrictions in setting up remote small group & individual tuition lessons can start before payment is received and invoices will follow the first lesson.
- Half a terms’ notice is required for cancellation of small group/individual tuition.
- Minimum booking of tuition is 10 sessions (for late start sessions the amount of deliverable sessions will be communicated at the time of confirmation if 10 sessions are not possible within the time frame).
- Rates are subject to change and annual increases.
- In exceptional circumstances such as industrial action or bad weather sessions may be made up at the tutors’ discretion.
- It is not possible to guarantee the allocation of specific tutors to individual schools, however where a certain tutor is preferred Gloucestershire Music will aim to meet the request.
- In the event of a GM tutor missing a session every effort will be made to make up the session.
- Group tuition is dependant on a minimum of 3 pupils enrolling and the availability of similar standards of pupils. Where group tuition is not possible it may only be possible to offer a different instrument or individual tuition.
- After enrolling for tuition the pupil’s name will be added to a waiting list. It may not be possible for tuition to commence immediately. In the event that a tutor’s time at a school is full you can choose to wait for a place to become available or a refund will be given
Music Centres & County Music Groups
- Non attendance is non-refundable
- Please see individual groups for attendance requirements where applicable
- Please ensure you have noted the dates for all rehearsals and events, as these are published in advance of each academic year and are searchable in six month periods. See GM Calendar
- Please notify your group leader of any anticipated absences as early as possible in the academic year
- Half a term's notice is required for cancellation of membership
- All music/resources and membership cards must be returned before any refund can be made
- All music given to members for concerts/events must be returned immediately after the performance