Keith Nutland Award for Festival Young Musician
The competition will take the form of a recital to be held on the evening of Sunday 14th May 2017 for year 13 students intending to enter a Music College or to read Music at University
There will be a £500 prize.
There will also be the offer of free admission to the 2017 Cheltenham Music Festival of which Keith Nutland was Treasurer for many years. The winner may also be invited to perform at the Cheltenham Music Festival in 2018.
RULES OF ENTRY:
- The Student must be at School in Gloucestershire.
- The Student must have a permanent home address in Gloucestershire.
- The Music Committee will give consideration for entry to the competition to a student whose principal University degree is not music, but who has been awarded, for example, a Choral Scholarship, and who will be able to demonstrate that they will be continuing with their music studies at a high level.
- To claim the £500 prize, the winner must produce written proof that he/she has been offered, and accepted, a place to study music at University or College. In the event of the winner not taking up a place, the Music Committee reserves the right to request that the money be refunded. This is to conform with the aim of the Award; “to assist the winner with music studies”.
- Application MUST come through the School’s Head of Music or a Music Teacher.
For further details email Vicki Beauregard or tel: 07939 579350